Share Savings Accounts
A savings account is the basic account for membership.
Your funds will be earning competitive rates. Each payday, any amount you specify can automatically be deducted from your paycheck and sent to your savings account here at CalAgCU.
There are a number of benefits of a savings account. Unlike a checking account, this money is not used for everyday expenses but is set aside for multiple reasons.
- It is a safe way to accrue money instead of keeping large amounts of money in the home.
- A savings account is the best way to set aside a rainy day fund, money that may be needed if an emergency or unexpected expense arises.
- People with children can set up a separate savings account for their children as soon as they are born.
- Money set aside in a savings account is insured by the National Credit Union Administration by up to $250,000.
- Individuals who set up automatic transfers from their checking to savings account easily pay money into this account. Not only that but it works the opposite way as well, if individuals come up short I their checking account, the difference can be taken from their savings account.
You need a safe, smart place to save your money. That’s why you need to bring your savings needs to us. We’ve got you covered.
To open a savings account, become a member today!
To view our schedule of fees and charges click on the Download PDF below:
Read our Truth-In-Savings Disclosure (Download PDF).