A CalAgCU checking account is the smart alternative to costly bank checking. Our checking account has no minimal balance requirement, no monthly service charges, no per-check fees and best of all you can use your debit card as much as you please without a monthly fee! Not only that but you also earn dividends on your balance.
Benefits of Checking Accounts:
- Proof of payment – Checks provide a paper trail or written proof that you paid someone. Each time you write a check that ultimately clears your account, there will be several records of it. Having this proof is important for tax purposes (when you make tax deductible charitable donations) and whenever you are paying a person or company by mail.
- Safer than cash – If you shop by mail, paying by check is safer than cash. Cash can be taken and spent by anyone without a trace. The paper trail a check leaves discourages theft.
- Cheaper than money orders – Personal checks are cheaper than buying money orders or cashier’s checks.
- Lots of access options – There are many ways to conveniently access your checking account, such as online home banking and 24 hour automated system.
- No transaction limits – Checking accounts have no federal limits on the number of electronic transfers you can make each month. All other savings accounts do have transaction limits.
To open a checking account, download a Membership Application below:
To view our schedule of fees and charges click on the PDF below:
- Schedule of Fees and Charges (PDF)
- Lista de Cuotas y Cargos (PDF)